The mission of the Michigan Remembers 9-11 Fund is to ensure that future generations remember September 11, 2001 as a day of loss and tragedy, and also as a day of heroism and sacrifice. We do so by remembering and honoring those who lost their lives on 9/11/01, including 19 with Michigan connections, and by celebrating and thanking the brave men and women across Michigan who protect and serve our communities and the nation on a daily basis.
We accomplish our mission through several programs that we operate singly or with partner organizations. Among these are:
- Remembrances and memorials submitted to this website and displayed on its pages.
- Research to identify 9-11-01 victims who had ties to Michigan.
- Participation in events that commemorate the terrorist attacks and encourage the public to reflect on the losses incurred by Michigan and the nation.
- An interactive map of 9-11 memorials across the state of Michigan.
Patrick L. Anderson, Trustee
Ilhan K. Geckil, Trustee
Scott D. Watkins, Trustee
Megan E. Henriksen, Trustee
A sincere thanks is owed to the following businesses and groups for donating their time and expertise or financial contribution to the Fund:
- Anderson Economic Group, LLC
- Charles K. Poor, CPA, PC
- Dart Bank
- Fox 47 News
- King Media, LLC
- Lansing Lugnuts
- Mason Novess, State Farm Insurance (Holt)
- Michigan Creative
- Patriot Week
- Wealth Management Partners
Special thanks to our Chief Sponsors and Supporters for their generous financial contributions:
If you are interested in becoming an event sponsor, please contact us.